1. Identify the major structures (chambers and valves) in ultrasound images of the heart.
2. Recognize and describe the standard views of transthoracic cardiac ultrasound and identify the utility of each view.
3. Review the role of echocardiography in the diagnosis and management of heart failure patients (systolic and diastolic dysfunction).
4. Discuss clinical situations that outline the use of this diagnostic study.
5. Review the most recent ACCF/AHA & HFSA Heart Failure Guidelines for the use of echocardiography in heart failure patients